Major Bodies of Water
- Barbados has few lakes and rivers. The only 5 rivers are Long Pond, Joe’s, Bruce Vale, Indian, and Constitution (being the longest).
- To the west is the Caribbean Sea. To the east is the Atlantic Ocean.
- Bays include Six Men’s Bay(SW) and Carlisle Bay(NW).
- The tallest mountain is Mount Hillaby. It is 1115 feet tall. It is the highest point in the Eastern Caribbean.
- Hackelton’s Cliff is in East Barbados.
- A beach on Barbados includes Crane Beach in SE Barbados. Right off the coast of Crane Beach is Cobblers Reef.
- Barbados has 2 Main Regions- Scotland District and Limestone Lands.
- Scotland District is in eastern Barbados. It is a very moist area with channels with that irrigate water. The 5 rivers are located in this region.
- Limestone Lands are broken are broken down into 5 sub-regions. They are Flatlands, Uplands, Terraces & Cliffs, Valleys, and Dome.